Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Care bears sewing patterns

I wanted to show my care bear cousins patterns with everyone. It started when i came across lionheart on ebay who unfortunately was in such a bidding war that i was not able to buy him. No matter it started a mission since i remember the care bears from my own childhood and while the bears were okay i really liked the cousins! Plus i figured they would be a great way to understanding pattern making on different animals.There are 10 and some took weeks to find while others took no time at all! I don't know yet if ill try to collect all the bears ive had  a hard time figuring out exactly how many their are. Do any of you  collect specific patterns? Id love to hear about any kind of collection youve got and how you got started. Also if you are looking for a specific pattern and would like me to keep an eye out let me know id be glad to help!
From left to right top to bottom: Butterick patterns year 1985
    TOP: Gentle heart lamb 3369 / Treat heart pig 3375 / Playful heart monkey 368 / Swift heart Rabbit 362 / Proud heart cat 3377
    Bottom: Cozy heart penguin 3379 / Brave heart lion 3374 / Loyal heart dog 3371 / Lotsa heart elephant 3368 / Bright heart raccoon 3380
         
 Cheers,
     Jess

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I think that my heart just melted a little bit! I love the care bear animals! Amazing find!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember the Care Bears too - why not have a go at making them! I'm loving what I'm doing at my shop www.ColdhamCuddlies.etsy.com and blogging about it all at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com and am so glad I began to make toys again after several years of not doing so.

    Why not call round and have a look-see? We would love to see you there, and perhaps you could Follow us and comment too? Look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey isobel ive actually run across your etsy shop before and found it awesome! I Love your blog! Im a follower now :)I actually have made the monkey but changed the pattern slightly to work with the fabric i used since it was for an infant, I hadnt even thought of posting it serious DUH moment.

      Wish you all the best
      cheers
      Jess

      Delete
    2. Czy możesz udostępnić mi wzory na troskliwe misie. Mam na chwile obecną słonika 3368. Z góry dzięki mój adres e-mail.paulina020980@wp.pl

      Delete
  3. I'm collecting them, I still need to buy the lamb, lion,rabbit, cat ,pig and penguin. I'd love to show you the ones I've made from my patterns. Have you made any ? I'm not sure how to send pictures on here. Kind regards, Janet.

    ReplyDelete